Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Keyboard Shortcuts

By chance, while working on an Ai project, I discovered that option+drag makes a copy of whatever I had selected. At first I thought this was just a CS4 development since I already knew about making a duplicate artboard. However, I had no idea the same shortcut would work on anything I have selected on the artboard and that this was already around in CS3! Oh, how I wish I knew about it before going through 2 years of "cmd+c, cmd+f" through my design courses. Just imagine the countless milliseconds (that could have added into hours) I could've saved! I like to make copies of everything before I alter it in any way and this gives me a quicker means of doing so. Here's a site that has a ton of shortcuts, some I have memorized and some I never knew about. Noble Desktop's Illustrator Shortcuts

No comments:

Post a Comment