Monday, October 12, 2009

Bicycle, at long last!

Before (partly disassambled, most decals pulled off)
After
I received this bike as a gift about 5 years ago, but didn't really ride it so much for the past three. I decided a new paint job would breathe new life into me ol' bike since I was always unhappy with the Hawaiian theme of it. However, what I thought would be a simple weekend project, turned into a much more complicated, month-long project. I never worked on a bike before, so I did my research to make sure I did it properly. I went through all the sanding, stripping, priming, painting and finishing, and at each step, something went horridly wrong. Granted, this was my first bike project and perfection is hard to come by at any means. Ultimately, it was a good learning experience, one that I thought I'd never see the end of, but Lo and Behold! It's finally finished! I'll probably end up painting red lightning bolts on it for added speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment